Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Effective Educational Learning Methods for Secondary Schools

Wednesday, September 1, 2010
It was in 2009 that I started with my new teaching job for a secondary school in a suburb of Leeds. It was my first teaching job and I had to prepare for teaching a Year two class consisting of six year old children. So I decided to review the educational learning methods I learned from my university studies and select which learning method I can use for my class.

Based on the review of my studies, I decided to use three educational learning methods, which are the engagement, enthusiasm and clarity methods. The engagement is learning by doing in which I would set up the classroom in way that there is active interaction between me and the students so it would induce my students to learn.

In the enthusiasm method, I have to show enthusiasm in the way I speak and act. I usually use the enthusiasm method when I am orally lecturing my class, but I talk to them in way that is not boring for them. I make sure to smile and use body language movements that are appropriate and relevant for my pupils so they would see that I am very enthusiastic and full of energy during the lecture.

The clarity method is making sure that my instructions are clear by making sure that my voice is in a tone that would be clearly heard and understand by my pupils. I also make sure that my directions for doing a task is clear and given to them in step by step instructions.

I used the three educational learning methods in my class for the academic term from 2009 to 2010 and I am proud to say that those learning methods had positive results in my class. My students became more enthusiastic, desirous and more stimulated in listening and learning their lessons. Moreover, my students had an easier time to understand, comprehend and absorb the knowledge and skills I was teaching to them.

Recent Post: The Open Options I Took for Educational Learnings
                     Educational Learnings

0 comments:

Post a Comment