Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Taking My Early Childhood Education Course

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Early learning education or early childhood education is the organized system for the early education and development of the learning process of early childhood from birth until six to seven years old. When I graduated from my undergraduate course in education in June 2009, I decided to specialize in educating preschool children by taking a graduate degree in early childhood education.

I enrolled in the early childhood training program of a university in Portland, Oregon, and university's program has a complete and comprehensive courses for aspiring early childhood educators like me. I decided to take up an one-year course in early childhood education and I started with my course in October 2009.

Besides the technical aspects that I learned from my course, I have learned that books, toys and games are three of the most important learning tools used in early childhood education. The approach for introducing books to preschool children are by storytelling of the teacher and giving applicable reading activities that relevant for the ages of the children that I would teach. Using educational toys and games would develop the natural learning skills of children, such as giving a simple puzzle to a child would help his natural curiosity for new things and enable him to develop his mind.

When I finish my course in October this year, I plan to take a state certification exam for my course and hope to become a certified early childhood teacher, and get a fulfilling and rewarding teaching job where I can apply the principles and knowledge I learned from my course.

Recent Post: Learning Strategies
                     Educational Learnings

0 comments:

Post a Comment