Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Educational Learning Outside the Classroom

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Educational learning can be accumulated from outside the classroom. When we talk about education, we do not limit ourselves to the four walls of the classroom. You can use your learning from the streets, the playground, the public market or the public transportation in your academic life and your life in general.

  • Through the Internet – As far as educational learning is concerned, there are many ways in which you can gather it. For instance, you can learn from the internet. Search engines, email services and other websites feature articles which are educational. There are free and paid encyclopaedias and dictionaries from which you can learn many different things. There are also how-to websites that feature lots of self-help guides in almost everything.
  • Your Brother's Shop Class – Your brother's shop class is technically outside your classroom; so you can get educational learning outside your classroom from it. You can learn a lot from your brother things which you may not be expected to learn. For example, when I was in high school, I was in the pilot academic class while my elder brother was in a trade class. I learned a lot from him about shop class because I was in a class with less practical arts. When I was chosen to join a quiz bowl, I was able to answer the tie breaking question which asked for the dimensions of a geometric figure because I learned from my brother about dimensions of the wood parts of their wood working project. The others in the academic classes were not able to answer and even do not know what is meant by dimension.

0 comments:

Post a Comment