Home | Looking for something? Sign In | New here? Sign Up | Log out

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Using Educational Learning Games as Teaching Tools

Wednesday, September 14, 2011
I am now a second year bachelor of science in education student and I have already learned specific concepts in teaching and learning such as the ideas for educational learning games that I could use when I start teaching for kindergarten and elementary school students, which is my planned specialty. Our professor told us that educational games and activities are important for kindergarten students and for first to third grade students due to several reasons. So when our instructor gave as an assignment paper on educational learning for elementary school students, I focused my paper on the importance of educational games for kindergarten and first to third grade students.

In my paper, I stated that the importance of educational learning games are based on the specific types of games and the benefits they could offer to the students. The traditional educational board and card games are still the best for children in the five to seven years old age group because they would catch the attention of the students since various board and card games show images and other colorful visuals that would attract their interests.

I also said in my paper that educational learning games of boards and cards have become effective teaching tools because they improve sensory skills on how to distinguish various colors, shapes and sizes, alphabets and numbers in a way that is fun and not boring for children in the five to seven years old age bracket. Board and card games of alphabets and numbers would also teach the children about the basic skills in reading and counting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment